Sunday, March 7, 2010

uganda in pictures v 2.0

This is one of the crater lakes that exist due to Mt. Rwenzori in western Uganda.

Me and meat. A pig carcass and a machete at the Hakuna Matata New Pork Joint. The handle was slimy.
This is the Nile at sunset. It's no Lake Michigan but a pretty cool body of water, none the less ;)
This group of kids followed me for no less than 45 minutes. As you can see by the jerry can, their first mission behind being out was to get water but a camera and a muzungu proved far more interesting. The little guy in the bottom right? Crying because he's scared of me, that's right - I'm very scary. (Insert obvious joke!)

Two venerable women near the orphanage school. I find it so funny that all Ugandans pose for pictures alike - as though they're taking a mug shot! I wonder how they picked up that trend?


Two men from the landing site village on Lake Victoria.

Ah, yes - the chimps!! The one getting worked on was called Flop as he had an awkward floppy ear, he was the second in command chimp in all of Kibale Nat'l Park. His buddy was named Taboo; quite the pose they have going, eh? Unfortunately we couldn't get up right next to them so the picture is a bit blurry.

Men at the landing site coming in from a day of fishing. They most frequently catch tilapia and silver fish, or so I'm told.

A view of the inlet from Lake Victoria, the sky is starting to hint towards the massive storm that was soon to hit!

2 comments:

  1. I love each of those photos, honey! The chimp picture most certainly inserted for my "sociological studies", thank you. Were you just posing with that machete or did you REALLY use it?? I think da Nile view might have more substance to it for me than the Lk Mich view, more going on. I love that. And those little children... priceless, absolutely priceless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more thing... when I get close up on the childrens shot, it is hilarious! The little person who only has the very top of his/her head showing in the very back-- and the way each one regards you, so precious. That is my new desktop photo!

    ReplyDelete